One of the reasons why Your Travel Baby was born was the idea of making the life of our clients easier and happier, either during a visit to our island of Gran Canaria, or, while living here, being of help with any of our rental services, babysitting service or Personal Baby Shopper.
That is why we’re launching this wonderful service, of which we are very, very proud. It is the long term rental for babies and toddlers.
While we’re planning the arrival of a baby, we realize the huge amount of necessary stuff, it is really a lot!. Being honest to ourselves, there are some essential items (such as the cot, the car seat) and others that, although not essential, undoubtedly contribute to making our life and our baby’ more comfortable and happier (baby changing table, maxi-cosi).
These non-essential items are usually used for a few months and then become just another piece of junk that we store at home or, in the best case scenario, we get to sell for less than half of what it cost.
The same happens with items that we use for a longer time, that, unless we use them for a second child or lend them to our sister, cousin, etc., they will end up in our storage room.
For this reason, and for the reasons below, renting is a great option!
- We contribute to the reuse of the gear, give them several lives, which favors the conservation of the environment.
- We will reduce our expenses during the first year of our baby’s life. According to a survey, each family spends an average of between 3,500-5,000 € this first year, and a big part of the expenditure is on childcare items.
- We will be able to decide if that item is really necessary for us or not, without having to buy it.
- We won’t have to worry about what to do with them when we no longer need them.
- We will be able to swap the product according to our needs in that moment (change from a maxi-cosi to another car seat, replace your giant stroller for a lightweight stroller when your kid gets older, etc.).
We have a wide catalogue of products that you can check on our website, but we wanted to make a summary of those items for which we believe that renting is definitely the best option:
- Breast pump
- Baby Bottle preparation machine
- Baby walker
- Changing table
- Baby car seat (up to 12 months)
- Running stroller
- Co-sleeping cot
- Travel cot
- Light and compact stroller
- Platform for an older brother/sister
What do you think? Would you consider long term rental as an option? We’d love to hear your thoughts! You can leave your comment here below ⬇?